Purchase Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black)


I was comparing this unit with a yamaha 663, since I have owned yamaha products for many years. R-9, RXV992, RXV995. Never had a problem with them, and had them for many years.
I took a risk with this unit, since there was heat issues, and heat is a killer for electronics. I always used a cooling fan for all my receivers.
This definitely gets pretty warm, and I have it in an enclosure, so I added additional ventilation and keep a cooling fan running on top.
So far, so good.
The unit has exceeded my expectation. The video upscaling works pretty darn good.
The sound is a little harsher than my Yamahas, but not obtrusively.
Setup was pretty easy and the audyssey works. I prefer to config my own settings, but the audyssey did a good job.
Has more than enough power and of course 7.1 channels. I had to go out and get new surrounds to experience it, and on movies. This thing rocks.
Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment