Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black)


This is my first home theater receiver and it's been in use for a month now. Setup was as simple as possible once you get past all those wires - the Audyssey balanced my 7.1 system in minutes with only a few clicks of the remote. I get fantastic, clean sound from this receiver and my 8 Polks; 2 Monitor 60s, 4 TSi100s, a CS2, and a PSW505.

I did have a problem with HDMI ports; the port I used for my BluRay player died after less than an hour of use. I moved the player to a different port, and it died a few days later. I then replaced the Mediabridge - 3ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable with a 2 meter Mediabridge cable and it has now operated on the original port for over three weeks (knock, knock). Maybe that's why almost no one makes 1 meter HDMI cables?

I also had a problem getting my Wii to work through either the composite or component inputs - it's still connected directly to the TV. Maybe the next version will have an hdmi output. Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment