Buy Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black)


I'm very pleased with this machine. I needed to add a HT system in a small 14x16 room after moving into a new house, and I only wanted to spend a few thousand dollars. (I have about $30k in my audio system.) That meant going with a receiver rather than separates. I am very pleased with this receiver. It is solidly built, has plenty of features and plenty of power. It plays loud and clean. The Audessy speaker setup and equalization is a great feature. It is very configurable. The menus are very intuitive - I don't need to keep the manual by the couch. And I especially like the way it automatically senses the program material and gives me the appropriate audio and video settings without me having to do anything. As I switch back and forth from between regular and HD programming on my cable box, it automatically senses both the video resolution and audio program material and makes the appropriate adjustments to screen resolution and audio signal decoding with no manual adjustments required.

There are only 2 things it lacks:
1. A switched 110V outlet on the back
2. A digital output to Zone 2 (it is analog only)

But I LOVE the Zone 2. I never knew I needed it until I had it. The unit has separate speaker outputs for Zone 2 that use channels 6&7, or I can send a stereo source output to the preamp in my main system. The bottom line is that I effectively have 2 systems - The kids can watch a movie, TV or game in full 5.1 sound in the TV room while the adults listen to music from the CD, radio, or cable box in the living room. That's a GREAT feature and very useful.

Overall I am very pleased and think this unit is a tremendous bargain.

BTW, I bought a Harmony One remote to control this and everything else and it works great. My wife loves it! She presses one button and between the remote and receiver, everything is setup perfectly. It completely shields the user from the complexity of the system. It's almost like magic.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment