Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) Best Quality


This is an awesome unit for a dedicated single source output such as a movie theater. The set up is kind of tricky for the novice (like me). However, once it is fine tuned, it really is awesome. I am only using the HDMI connections. I have my cable and Blue ray hooked up to it.

The HD upscale is limited come to find out from the manufacturer. If there is a 480 input, you won't have a full 1080 output. Even with a 1080 capable output such as a flat screen. However, it is better than the 480.

I wanted to use this with two video outputs. A projector and a LCD flat screen. Thus, using a matrix switcher. So far I have not had much luck as the switchers HDMI chips are not standardized. This is a real source of contention if you want to use a centralized location for your components and supply signals to 2 different AV devices. Just a word of caution. Truthfully, I think this would be the case with other manufacturers as well.

I have read other reviews and I have not had any problems with the operation of the unit. Knock on wood!

Shop around, do your research, I got a great buy on mine.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment