Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) Right now


This is my first HDMI switching and DTS-MA/Dolby TruHD decoding receiver... AWESOME. I replaced a good 2003 Sony receiver. Had to run my Blu-ray player (Sony 550) audio to the receiver via analog cables. Although sound was awesome (all sound becomes analog before goin to your speakers) there was no EQ functionality because all processing happens in the digital realm. Now I get the benefits of HDMI and run everything through the receiver and it decodes all of the newer lossless codecs. I used the Audyssey set up and was amazed how it made everything come alive. I did adjust my sub though. With music I like huge, concert type bass. The biggest thing is with movies. My sub isn't boomy anymore and is "felt" although still moves the air.
The overall sound from the amp is clean and just sounds bigger and more detailed. I used to be a live and studio engineer so the details (high and low crossovers, eq, room set up, etc) help make the sound more fluid from all of the speakers.
Would recommend this amp to anyone, noob or advanced.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment