Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) Review


Audio TV out issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought TX-SR806 couple of weeks ago. Has any body used "Audio TV Out" to "on" and can hear sound from all 7 channels? Owners manual on page 95 says that you can hear sound from only front left and right speakers if you use Audio TV out. I think this is what I get when I use HDMI out to get audio in my TV. I would like to know if people in this forum does not use Audio TV out.

Also, I have a Toshiba DVD recorder D-R410 connected to this receiver using HDMI. When I set audio out in Toshiba to PCM, I get only only FL and FR letters displayed on receiver front display. Onkyo tech support told me to use Dolby digital instead of PCM. He said that Onkyo thinks dolby digital setting is better than PCM which is hard to believe. Sound seems to be better from all 7speakers when I use Dolby output from Toshiba. Is it the case that PCM input from Toshiba is 2 channels to recevier but recevier decodes it to 5 o 7 channels?

I have similar issue when I use AT&T Uverse DVR motorola VIP1216. I only get FR and FL displayed on front. There is no way my DVR allows me to change it to Dolby Digital. I heard that it may be possible to get Dolby if I use fiber optic cable but then I cann't use HDMI which is good for video.

Your help is appreciated.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment