Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) This instant


I bought this receiver to replace a Pioneer Elite 26. I set it up in a stand with limited ventilation and found that it did run hot.

Component input from the Satellite box to HDMI 1080p became intermittent. I moved it to another shelf with 3" clearance above, and noticed the issue is better, but still present so I ordered a fan to place on top of the Onkyo to cool it.

The HDMI upscaling from 480i works well when it isn't cutting out, and the unit sounds great. I hope the fan cures the issue!

No video issues with DVD player input.

Update: I installed a dual fan on top to cool the unit, and it runs much cooler. However, I have noticed that using a satellite receiver at 480i or 480p resolution results in the picture cutting out intermittently; especially during scene transitions, and particularly....explosion scenes. I bought this unit for the upconversion and am mildly disappointed about this issue-the sound is great, and routing a Panasonic BD35 Blu-Ray Player throuh it works fine.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment