Buying Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black)


I bought this a few days ago, and was completely impressed by the quality of the sound. The automatic speaker setup was a breeze, and the manual does a good job of explaining the complex procedure of assigning inputs to different components.
Negative: This thing is HOT. I mean scorching hot. I'm going to get a new equipment stand with more ventilation. I'm actually worried to put anything near it.
Also, the remote STINKS. I had to keep going back to the top rows of buttons to select a component, then back to select "receiver," etc. It should have a dedicated "menu" button for the receiver. Also, although it will control TiVo and all my other equipment, there just aren't buttons on the remote for all the TiVo buttons. I am SO happy that I have a Logitech Harmony 880 because that made all the difference!
It is very complicated with all the different sound options, so let it choose one automatically, and it will do a super job of that.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment