Where To Buy Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black)


Well I am Poor! Saved for one year to buy this TX-SR806B and the speakers. I paired it with polk monitor 70's front left and right. For the center I am using the recommended Center Polk Cs1 it is huge. However wish I got the cs2 Bigger. For the line up I got the best sub for the monitor set up the PSW10 powered subwoofer. It Is great At low level. on the dial about half will bass stuff off the walls so no need to crank it up full blast it starts cuffing..raddled who wants to blow such an expensive sub take no chances. (not turned all the way up starts to raddled but you really don't need it all the way up.) It sounds great! then I got the polk monitor 60's for the back left right and I used the Polk Audio TSi200 Bookshelf Speakers I robbed from the living room till I can purchase the monitor 50's Well I hope this helps so that's what I was running the TX-SR806B Everything was fine for two months to the day I must give a little more info about the receiver. It runs hot burning hot so I got a mini fan took the entire back off the component /TV stand to help cool it and ran the A/C At 70 degrees while I was jamming out. And the 9000 BTU window unit could not keep the room cooler them 74 while it was on! HOT! Now this was my dream radio sounds great you could wake the entire block if you wanted to I really loved it could not be live the sound I had been missing for all the years. I had been using Sony and other brands the receiver has a 2 year warranty now that's great! Ok back to the point. While using at half volume system shut off had the monster power serge and fan on it so the receiver shuts off and I figure it went into protect mode well (manual time.) Unhook every speaker wire! And wait an hr. Turn it on then turn volume to max then down again and it resets well I did it for 5 times 5 hrs. Hoping it would just turn back on nope so I call and they say it cannot be fixed by me pushing and resetting the unit. So I have to take it to ups and have it packed there way pay for $1000 ins. Just if they loose it not if it is damaged while shipping because it is broken right now. Well I live in Florida and the closest repair shop is in NY. Wow this receiver weight is around 56 lbs. So $82 to send it to the nearest repair shop. I have called and the repair shop tells me transformer defective! Power supply factory defective part! Because it was Less then two months old! So beware I am going to try to get them to pay me back the Shipping and handling, I had to pay. I will let you know what becomes of it so far no receiver for 4 weeks now Did I mention unit gets very hot and will burn you at half volume after five min. Of use.Get more detail about Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black).

0 comments:

Post a Comment